Tuesday, September 20, 2016

So it begins...

What happens when your friend opens a Yarn Shop in town and you don't know how to knit....well, you learn. To be honest I had no idea my wonderful friend was a knitter. It had never come up in conversation until she decided to launch her new business. I was intrigued by the beautiful yarns and creations. I had tried to learn to crochet a number of years back and it was a frustrating experience. When my friend said her shop would offer classes I decided I wanted to give it a go.

I signed up for the very first "trial-run" class she offered and our mission was to make a pillow. A pillow! That does not sound like a first time project to me. Ha! I soldiered on through the first of 3 classes making mistakes, getting frustrated, and secretly kind of liking it. It felt so good to be using my hands to make something while at the same time laughing and sharing the same struggles with my classmates. I made it to the last class and finished my pillow. It does not look like the sample, it has a few holes in it, it's a bit wonky and you know what, I love it. It sits proudly on my bed.

RookieKnits Details: Sweet Georgia Worsted Weight Yarn, Knitters Pride Size 8 Straight Needles, Basket Weave Pillow Pattern by Marinda Lariz http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basketweave-pillow-5 Knotty Lamb for all of your fiber needs https://theknottylamb.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment